Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Moving On.

   I should be the cool person and actually call this post something like ADVENTURE AHEAD or YAY I'M NOT SCARED AT ALL!!! -- but I can't. We're moving to Logan, and yes, anyone who knows Utah is at this moment thinking, "Sooooo?" I realize that a two hour drive north is nothing compared to cross country/oceans moves, but this move is the first stepping stone.
   Jon's going to Utah State to get his next degree. My plan for me was to start in on History and Literature, but Baby Girl decided mom can wait a couple years. After this, Jon's off to the Air Force and medical school. Jon has this crazy idea that cutting people open and playing with their insides is really cool. But considering the fact that his dream job used to be a front-line medic, I can live with him occasionally showing me videos of surgeries. Also, he has a real desire to help people and care for them, so that makes me a happy woman. It's a great plan for us and our future family, and I hope and pray that everything we hope for will come to us in the Lord's own time. 
   I really hate moving though. So much. And moving is a large part of any involvement with the armed forces. Logan isn't far away, but its the first step towards moving farther and farther away. Who knows where we'll be in five or ten years? I just don't want to look back on Salt Lake/Utah as my only home. I want to make our home wherever we go. That's the goal I guess, and I think I'll get there eventually.Happy thoughts.
   Let's see... I'm excited to have a bigger place. It's twice the size of our apartment and it's in a cute part of town. Closet spa-a-a-a-ace! Jon can have a room all to himself to study and work in. We get to go to the Logan temple often. I get to decorate our baby's nursery. Football games next season! A new ward, (always a bonus in my opinion). My mom loves Logan and short road trips, so this will give her an excuse. The best part is knowing that there are a bunch of bright-sides about living in Logan that I don't even know about, so that means its true for almost anywhere else in our future too. Besides, it being Jonathan and our lives together makes it so worth it. I never imagined myself planning this kind of future, but its worth it just being with him and having our little family. <3 p="">
   I'm making too big a deal out of this, right? Yeah, I think so too. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment