Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Little Hampton.


Here SHE is!!



     I can't believe how much I love her. Oh my word. I can't get enough of these pictures. I always thought that ultrasound pictures were just kinda weird looking, but I melt every time I look at them. She's just the most beautiful thing ever, (even if the little stinker was in a funny position the entire time just to make things difficult...) We didn't know that we'd be finding out the sex of the baby that day, but my doctor is amazing and she got us in earlier than we thought. We were looking at blurred pictures until we heard the technician say "Oh, there we have it!" and she typed DADDY'S GIRL on the screen. I couldn't believe it, I was shocked and I couldn't do anything but say "Really?" and squeeze Jon's hand. (Jon mentioned that any boy coming near her would get a talking to). I couldn't stop giggling through it all, but on our way back to the office, I had to stop in the hallway to cry! Luckily, I had Jon to hold me and make me laugh. It doesn't need saying, but we are so, so blessed. Everything is looking good and she's a healthy little thing.

Just one more....


    That's her hand in between her knees. Just chillin'. Oh man. I'm dying from a need to kiss that little hand.

    Anyway.

    Since it's a girl, I've started work on a blessing dress. Most of the dresses Jon and I have looked at in stores just looked so uncomfortable and stiff, though very cute. So I decided I would make one myself, something soft and old-fashioned. Plus, I get to put my self-taught embroidery skills to the test! I'm also very into the idea of passing things down, so I want her to have something from this very special day. Here's just the medallions I've done so far....

   

    A trained eye (probably my sweetest Grandma Bev, who was my inspiration for wanting to learn to embroider (she has very pretty pillows)) would probably look at this and say, "Aww, look at her, trying her best. Bless her heart." But I'm loving doing it anyway! It's so calming and such a good past-time. The whole dress will be done in white-work, or at least as much as I can get done by May. The only problem is with the pregnancy hormones raging through my body like vikings on parade, I cry quite often while I'm stitching. Really, all it takes is to imagine Jon taking our daughter up to be blessed and hearing him say her beautiful name.

    Ugh. My heart. I want to see him hold her more than anything really. I'm worried about being a first time mom, all the mistakes and anxieties lurking before me, but I have no worries about him becoming a father. It's written in his hands, he's just built for it. (Great...I'm gonna cry....)

   Well, there it is. Life isn't at all what we tell the internet it is, is it? There's so much more to it. All those little moments passed in the calm, or the tears shed, the smiles that get kissed. I don't quite blame people sharing their moments on Facebook and such, I don't think it is all purely for the glory of likes and views. Sometimes it's more of a desperation to save moments. But I find myself unsatisfied when I do share those little quips and pictures. Nothing I say can really describe the moment or the feelings. But Her, this little being whose only pictures are fuzzy and kind of funny, she's what I get to share with the world, help her to avoid the bad and love the light. Just a girl, and she'll be able to capture all that life and long-gone moments just by existing. It's crazy.
   
 
 
   


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the girl! I'm so excited for you! Just a little bit longer til you get to hold her and those moments are truly unmatchable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its unreal! I'm getting impatient, but I know its important to savor the moments. Thanks Sarah!

      Delete
  2. I Love your words even if you feel they inadequately describe the way you feel. I feel that often. Write them anyway. You'll be glad you did some day. Glad you blogged and excited to see that blessing day and even more excited to see and hold that sweet baby girl Hampton!!

    ReplyDelete